To help participants examine topics on:
- The importance of taking a proportionate approach to regulation and supervision to improve access to insurance services and ensure low-income consumers are adequately protected
- Recent practices and ideas from selected jurisdictions that have advanced the field of inclusive insurance (microinsurance)
Toronto Centre uses a highly interactive approach to teaching and reinforcing on both the technical issues as well as leadership skills. Through the use of case studies, lectures and exercises, participants will be equipped to better understand:
- The importance of promoting financial inclusion in their home jurisdictions
- The importance of promoting inclusive insurance for women
- How sound supervisory principles can be applied in a manner that encourages the development of an inclusive insurance market
- The importance of innovation for inclusive insurance markets
- How to promote financial inclusion by encouraging supervisors to be adaptable in their roles to properly respond to innovative solutions
- Prudential and market conduct issues in overseeing inclusive insurance markets
Also, throughout the week and with the guidance of Toronto Centre’s program leaders, participants will put into practice Toronto Centre’s action planning for dealing with challenges faced at the workplace as well as stakeholder management communication concepts. This is to enable participants to develop their own action plans to implement in their home agencies when they return.
The program is targeted at middle-to-senior level officials from regulatory and supervisory agencies involved in the regulation and supervision of microinsurance in the CEET region.
Medium of Instruction
The course will be conducted in English.
Please complete the online registration form and submit the form by October 11 2018.
For more details regarding registration and accomodations please refer to the materials available on the right side column.
If you have any questions please contact Madina Ibragimova at email@example.com and Teresa Pelanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is held in partnership with: